Quality living room renovation services in Singapore that will create a pleasing space for your family’s needs
Because the end-product of a living room renovation is visible to your friends and relatives who come to your house for visits, it’s no wonder it’s the part of the house that gets the most attention.
Further, the living room is a space where your family gathers for activities, discussions, or just to spend time together, that’s why almost all our customers want to make it outstanding.
The project was well-coordinated and was generally smooth. Maria was quick to attend to some minor fixes and they were readily resolved.
In addition, she displays many positive qualities. She was transparent about the costs required to complete the renovation, patient, and accommodating to design changes.
And importantly, Kepha have very good after sales service. After the renovation was completed, they still took the trouble to check in to see if everything went well with the house.
We have no hesitation to recommend Kepha to any of our friends or anyone out there.
Thank you, once again, for a job well done! Christine
Kepha Design and Contracts’ services will make the most of your space in a living room renovation
For condo or HDB living room design where space is a constraint, we’ll recommend you ways to:
- Make better use of available space. Since space is limited in your home, you can consider going for a living room design that can [serve more than one purpose. For example, have an adjacent open-plan kitchen-diner, so that your family can cook, eat, and entertain together.
- Choose space-saving fixtures and furniture. Swap your long sofa for an L-shaped corner unit, and use wall-mounted lighting rather than floor lamps. If you have an old, boxy television, replace it with a flat-screen TV that you can mount on the wall.
- Make your living room appear larger. Paint the walls in light, neutral colours. Also, use cream, instead of white, for the ceiling, to produce a softer appearance. Nevertheless, you can add a splash of brighter colour to turn one wall into a focal point.
- Incorporate storage areas in your living room design. Items, such as kids’ toys and your stacks of magazines, can then be stashed away when company calls.
However, if you live in a larger home where space isn’t at a premium, you can erect partition walls to create an additional room – perhaps to accommodate family members or friends who stay over occasionally.
We’ll create a focal point in your living room
Establishing the point of focus in the living room – in fact, in any room – is fundamental to interior design. As furniture is arranged around the focal point, it’d draw the attention of a person’s gaze as she steps into the room.
There’re a few ways we can create a focal point in your living room:
- Accentuate the large window that has a great view outside.
- Pick out the largest piece of wall in the room and make a feature or accent wall out of it.
- Use a beautifully-designed TV and customised TV console as the central interior element.
- Place a piece of boldly-designed, oversized, or brightly-coloured furniture, like a sofa or chest of drawers, in it.
- Install wall-mounted shelving with collectibles or artistic objects placed on it.
- Highlight an artwork, such as a hung painting, poster, decal, or even graffiti drawn on the wall.
- Enhance a prominent or unusual architecture in the room, e.g. a winding staircase, exposed brick wall, etc.
Seeking a renovation contractor you can trust?
Our customer testimonials are proof we're reliable.
We’ll help you with the choice of flooring for your living room
If you enjoy hosting friends and relatives at home
Your living room refit should incorporate robust elements that can withstand wear and tear, as accidents and mishaps, such as spilled drink or food, can be a frequent occurrence.
As such, we’d recommend that you choose an appropriate type of flooring – ceramic, wood, laminate, vinyl, or granite, for example – that can handle rough treatment.
If you want to add a touch of class to your living room
Whether you have plumped for bare flooring or carpets, the strategic placing of rugs will add a touch of class to your living room remodel. That’s provided they match the size and style of the space.
The Australian Homelife website recommends choosing a rug big enough so the front feet of all the furniture in your living room can be placed on it. “This provides balance and creates zones for your room, and will make it feel larger too,” says Homelife.
We’ll help you decide whether to paint or paper the walls in your living room
Kids are capable of imprinting mucky handprints on the walls. So, if you have children, give your living room walls a lick of washable paint.
If kids don’t figure in the equation, you have the option of using wallpaper to give your living room a warmer feel.
Wallpapers come in a huge range of styles, from the cheap and cheerful woodchip to the expensive, opulent hand-printed.
You can also get washable wallpaper – great when it comes to wiping away your kids’ grubby paw-prints – but it won’t stop your children doing permanent damage with their sharp little fingernails.
Kepha Design and Contracts
We take ownership of our actions by taking responsibility.
Whether you reside in a limited-space HDB (Housing & Development Board) or condo unit or in a larger, landed property, we can provide full house renovation services that’ll exceed your expectations. This means tailoring the remodel to your specific needs, while ensuring we meet your lifestyle and budget requirements.
Another benefit in engaging Kepha Design and Contracts is that you can be assured of high-quality product and workmanship delivery because we’ll extend a renovation warranty of 1 year to you after a project is completed.
Kepha Design and Contracts
21 Bukit Batok Crescent
#21-76 WCEGA Tower
HDB Reg No. HB-07-3400C