Home kitchen renovation
We make better habitat.
Custom home kitchen renovation services contractor in Singapore that will bring you transformation
A professional custom home kitchen renovation services contractor – like us – can transform the heart of your home into a perfect combination of functionality and style that will add value to your property.
Originally just a place to prepare and cook food, the kitchen has gradually become the centre of the modern home, a magnetic attraction for residents and visitors alike.
With living space at a premium for many people in Singapore, the kitchen invariably doubles as a dining room and possibly even an extension of the living room.
As such, the home kitchen is the hub of home life.
Why kitchen renovations are so popular
Householders fork out more money on a custom kitchen remodel than on any other home improvement – and with good reason. It can increase the value of your residential property.
A Remodelling Impact Report by the USA National Association of Realtors in 2015 revealed how a large share of the cost of a kitchen renovation can be recovered by the extra value it brings to your home. The realtors say a kitchen makeover costing US$60,000 recoups nearly 70% of the cost of the development when you sell your home.
The CBS American TV network online platform MoneyWatch and US-based Remodeling Magazine both put the payback of a kitchen facelift even higher – up to 80%. According to a survey by insurance comparison platform GoCompare.com in February 2016, kitchen renovation had been the UK’s top choice in house improvement over the previous 5 years.
Wish to speak with a friendly, experienced renovator about your needs?
The customised home kitchen renovation and remodelling services contractor that will add value to your kitchen investment
If you think your kitchen is looking jaded, and you want to get more out of it while maximising the potential return on investment, there’re 6 strategies we’d propose you adopt:
- Ensure functionality. If possible, follow the tried and tested kitchen layout planning of siting the sink, fridge, and cooker to form a triangle. Choose new appliances before the kitchen renovation gets under way; otherwise, you could discover they’re too big to fit in.
- Establish a balanced budget. If you allocate too much money for appliances, you could find your cash is running out when it comes to other aspects of the renovation, such as cabinets. To avoid this problem, you could, for example, opt to splash out on a stylish, built-in refrigerator, and then trim the expense of your cooker by choosing a freestanding slide-in model.
- Don’t be too tempted by high-end materials. A marble countertop and a hardwood floor will certainly add a look of luxury to your new kitchen, but they may be costly and susceptible to wear and tear. Entry-level lines of quartz worktops are a cheaper alternative to marble, and more durable. Consider porcelain tiles for the flooring, which can cost half as much as solid hardwood floors.
- Don’t skimp on storage space. Make sure you have enough cabinets and drawers to meet the needs of you and your family. And don’t forget to leave room for a domestic-garbage bin.
- Go green. Modern pull-out reprocessing bins keep contents out of sight and ordered by type; they can even be designed to be sited below worktop holes so you can sweep food scraps straight into them. A permanent under-the-counter water purifier will prevent the problem of water bottles and replaceable tap-mounted devices ending up in landfill sites, while providing peace of mind that your drinking water is free of contaminants.
- Stick to the plan. According to New York-based ConsumerReports, the worst mistake you can make is changing your mind once the project is under way by your kitchen remodelling contractors. This can increase the budget by an average 10%.
Lighting is a key part of kitchen remodelling, and we’ll recommend you the right type to get
There’re a few things we’d suggest our clients consider during the selection of lights for their kitchen:
- Positioning of lighting. It’s crucial due to safety – you don’t want to be fumbling around in semi-darkness when handling sharp knives.
- Balance of ambient lighting and illumination. It provides the means to show off your new kitchen, make a small kitchen look bigger, and allow you to carry out tasks properly.
- Energy-saving and eco-friendliness. If you’re looking to go green with your home kitchen renovation, consider energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly LED (light-emitting diodes) lighting. It may use 90% less electricity than the old-fashioned filament variety.
Wall-mounted cupboards cast a shadow on the work space beneath, so under-cabinet lighting is essential.
Pendant lights are suitable for islands and other counters without overhanging cabinets.
For ambient lighting, go for flush-mounted ceiling fixtures, wall sconces, and track lights, controlled by mood-enhancing dimmer switches.
Some stuff we’d encourage customers not do in kitchen redesigns
- Knock down walls and switch the location of water and drainage pipes and electrical sockets. These are areas where unforeseen snags usually occur. Other than incurring additional costs, avoiding this type of work, if possible, will also minimise the amount of dust and debris your project generates.
- Fail to take ergonomics into consideration. In addition to the classic sink/fridge/cooker triangle, think about installing drawers or pull-out shelves in base cabinets and worktops with adjustable heights. Further, to make your kitchen even more accessible, consider a wall oven instead of a range.
Need help from a reliable and reasonably-priced renovation expert?
Why choose Kepha Design and Contracts
We take ownership of our actions by taking responsibility.
As an expert residential renovation company, Kepha Design and Contracts in Singapore recognises that remodelling the heart of your home is likely to be the single most important makeover project you’ll ever undertake.
This is where our philosophy of New Design Practicality comes into its own, focusing on functionality, quality, and eco durability.
Our team of dynamic designers, dedicated project coordinators, and highly-skilled kitchen specialists will ensure you get the practical, modern, sophisticated kitchen you’ve always longed for.
What our client says
Maria is a breeze to work with. Her professionalism and dedication to her work made it easy for me to leave my renovation to her and her team. Being a first-time owner, Maria’s friendly and helpful advice on the materials to choose, her expert opinion on what could work, and her patience when I changed my mind all helped to produce the beautiful kitchen I enjoy today.
Kudos to Maria and team at Kepha. I will strongly recommend them to those who are looking for a reliable and honest team to work with. In fact, I have already recommended them to a few of my friends when they saw how beautiful my kitchen is!Marlene
Seeking a customer-focused and trusted renovation company? We're built on these foundations.
If you wish to request a cost estimate, or want to find out more about the services we provide, or just have a question to ask, you may contact us in any one of these 3 ways. We'll respond to you within 3 working days.