Quality bedroom renovation services in Singapore that will help get you a good night’s sleep
Kepha Design and Contracts believes that even though a bedroom renovation might not figure high on our customers’ list of home makeover priorities, it’s still essential. This is because a person spends an average one-third of her life – 8 hours a day – in the room.
This is particularly important if you’re one of the unfortunate millions who have trouble sleeping worldwide. A SingHealth Study, published in August 2016, showed 44% and 26% of the Singaporean population lack sleep on weekdays and weekends respectively.
Our resale HDB home needed some major renovation work done. Kepha Design and Contracts made my life a lot easier because my wife and I didn’t know where to start.
They are honest, professional, and the standard of workmanship is high. They were also very helpful with any changes we wanted to make.
We have had a wonderful experience with Kepha. Would seriously recommend.Christopher
All the elements of a bedroom remodel – design, furniture, colour scheme, and architectural features – should be geared towards one central goal: creating a personal retreat that you look forward to every night and that enables you to wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and recharged.
An added bonus of a bedroom renovation carried out by professionals is that you could recover up to 80% of your remodelling cost should you later decide to sell your home, according to real estate experts at the American Home & Garden Television (HGTV) channel.
Seeking a renovation contractor you can trust?
Our customer testimonials are proof we're reliable.
Kepha Design and Contracts’ bedroom renovation services
Room renovation would involve components similar to other interior parts of the house that include ceiling, flooring, wallcovering or painting, and furniture.
And the contractor’s process of carrying out the remodelling is much the same too – space planning and design, project management, permit application if walls need to be removed or installed, the renovation works themselves, and hand-over.
Nevertheless – especially for small bedroom renovation – there’re a few points our interior designers and contractors would pay closer attention to when it comes to bedroom remodelling.
- Unclutter. This can be achieved by installing built-in storage units or a new closet. For smaller bedrooms, there’re plenty of beds with built-in storage to choose from.
- Focal point. An easy way to create a central point of interest in your bedroom renovation is to accentuate an existing, strong feature, such as a window (consider bold curtain prints) or open wall space (paint it a vibrant colour to make it stand out). However, the rest of the bedroom should be counterbalanced by design components that create a peaceful mood conducive to tranquillity and relaxation – and, ultimately, a good night’s sleep.
- Lighting. Installing lights with a dimmer will provide illumination when you need it and softer lighting to create a calmer mood. For large master bedroom renovation, you could make a statement with your lighting and fashion a focal point by fitting a distinctive chandelier to the ceiling for dramatic effect.
- Colour scheme. You may opt for one that reflects your personality. Instead of the conventional brilliant white ceiling, a warm cream or soft pastel may be more to your taste. That said, if you’re planning to sell your home any time soon, bear in mind that it’s widely accepted that neutral colours, such as cream, magenta, and beige, for walls are the most attractive to potential buyers.
- Window dressings and flooring. If you’ve gone for neutral colours on the walls and ceiling, consider soft-blue carpeting and curtains or blinds.
Once your bedroom remodel is complete, you can choose bed linen, such as duvets and pillowcases, that match your window dressings and floors.
Master bedroom renovation for landed houses
People living in the larger, landed private homes in Singapore have the luxury of being able to think big when considering bedroom renovation. You can add space to your master bedroom by taking out interior walls or even building another storey above your home.
You could also try incorporating a bathroom suite in your master bedroom, with large (preferably walk-in) closets, a separate shower and bath, a couple of sinks, and stylish lighting.
Kepha Design and Contracts
We take ownership of our actions by taking responsibility.
Being vastly experienced in full house renovation services, Kepha Design and Contracts can bring its expertise in interior design and room renovation into your bedroom to achieve a high-quality, cost-effective finish to the place you spend a third of your life.
As a HDB registered contractor, our interior designers and craftsmen are skilled in renovating small bedrooms of HDB and condominium apartments where over 90% of Singaporeans are living in.
Our customers are protected by a warranty of 1 year for renovation works done by us.
Finally, Kepha Design and Contracts’ client-focused business philosophy guarantees complete customer satisfaction.
Kepha Design and Contracts
21 Bukit Batok Crescent
#21-76 WCEGA Tower
HDB Reg No. HB-07-3400C