Kepha Design and Contracts – HDB Registered Renovation Contractor
We make better habitat.
Dependable HDB registered renovation contractor that will guarantee you peace of mind
Only an HDB registered renovation contractor approved by the Singapore government is allowed to work on Housing & Development Board (HDB) flats in Singapore, which house 80% of the country’s population.
The main aim of the Registered Renovation Contractors’ Scheme is to safeguard the structural integrity of public housing buildings while ensuring work is carried out safely, without inconvenience to neighbours.
Although the government issues a disclaimer that the system doesn’t in itself guarantee standards of workmanship, contractors are required, as part of the qualification process, to obtain a Renovation for Public Housing certificate to demonstrate their professionalism. Further, to become an HDB approved contractor, it’s necessary to provide evidence of an unblemished track record.
Renovation of HDB commercial units
Commercial units in HDB estates include:
- Shops with or without living quarters
- Eating houses
- Minimarts and supermarkets
- Civil defence shelters
Similar to HDB houses, tenants of such properties for business have to follow stringent HDB renovation guidelines. Only HDB registered renovation contractors are authorised to carry out addition and alteration works on these premises. Also, they’re the only ones permitted to apply for Notice of Alteration with HDB before works, like the hacking of floor, can proceed.
Wish to speak with a friendly, experienced renovator about your needs?
HDB’s strict rules benefit you, the customer
To encourage companies to self-regulate and maintain a consistent level of performance, HDB operates a Demerit Points System. It penalises registered contractors that fail to stick to its rules. Infringements result in various penalties, including fines and suspension or exclusion from the scheme.
The Singapore government may be playing it safe legally by distancing itself from any disputes between renovation companies and clients. However, the HDB Registered Renovation Contractors’ Scheme still provides evidence that contractors who have been accredited are, in general, proficient, reliable, and conscientious.
Engage an HDB renovation contractor for your private property
Applicants of the Registered Renovation Contractors’ Scheme must provide evidence of 5 successfully-completed renovations of private property, with a total sum of at least $50,000.
This clause not only ensures HDB dwellers get an experienced, reliable contractor, it also provides an important reference point for people looking to hire a renovation company for non-public housing apartments, bungalows, condominiums and landed residences, and commercial remodelling.
In other words, if you’re considering a renovation project, HDB or private, you know that an HDB registered renovation contractor has not only met the rigorous requirements of the Singapore government, but also demonstrated its expertise in the non-public sector.
Kepha Design and Contracts – the HDB Registered Renovation Contractor you can rely on
With its HDB Registered Renovation Contractors’ Scheme, the government is maintaining its commitment to the ethos expressed in its maxim of “Integrity, Service and Excellence” in providing services to the public.
These qualities also lie at the heart of the business philosophy of Kepha Design and Contracts of Singapore.
Since Kepha was established in 1998, the company has gained a strong reputation for reliability, diligence, and customer-focus in both home and commercial renovation and remodelling projects.
Through our expertise, quality of craftsmanship and outstanding level of client satisfaction, we have become known as the remodelling contractor you can trust. Kepha employs only the most qualified staff and sub-contractors, and our experienced builders are backed by a dynamic, creative interior design team.
How your renovation project will progress with us
If you’re considering a home renovation – particularly one requiring the services of an HDB licenced renovation contractor – or a remodelling of business premises, this is the general renovation process that we’ll be taking you through:
- Site evaluation. We’ll conduct a walk-through on site with you to review existing conditions and help you to visualise how we can meet your specific requirements, while pointing out design opportunities you may have missed. We’ll also identify any potential snags.
- Space planning. Our designers are adept at helping you to achieve your project priorities and goals, while making the best use of available space and producing an aesthetically-pleasing organisation of pattern, structure, and colour to pull the whole remodel together.
- Interior design. Kepha specialises in the art of creating living and working environments that make people feel happy in their surroundings. Interior design impacts on how people identify with spaces, and we create cohesive configurations of shapes and forms that are functional while actually making people feel better within themselves.
- Project management. We’ll keep our finger on the pulse throughout your renovation project to ensure it’s brought in on time and within budget, without cutting corners or skimping on materials. Our experience enables us to take any unforeseen problems in our stride.
- Quality renovation works. Kepha strives to create the perfect balance of functionality and style while making sure your project satisfies any and all health and safety codes and regulations. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is reflected in the fact that our renovations stand the test of time.
- Peace of mind. We’ll liaise with architects and engineers to ensure your building is structurally sound before starting any residential, commercial, or industrial renovation work. During the job, we’ll do everything we can to minimise inconvenience and disruption, while keeping you updated on progress.
Need help from a reliable and reasonably-priced renovation expert?
Why choose Kepha Design and Contracts
We take ownership of our actions by taking responsibility.
As an HDB licenced contractor, Kepha Design and Contracts in Singapore has a wealth of experience and expertise in transforming homes into inspirational spaces. We can make your house – HDB or private – the mood-enhancing home of your dreams.
Further, we offer a broad range of commercial renovation services. We can transform your office into a place where people enjoy working and your shop into an attractive prospect for both staff and customers.
We base our renovation schemes on unified, cohesive, functional, and aesthetic design principles of scale, balance, proportion, and emphasis. Social, ecological, and economic considerations are also important to us.
We can guarantee the quality and durability of our work – through our renovation warranty – as we provide a renovation service that satisfies our own exacting standards and surpasses the expectations of our clients.
If you’re looking to engage the services of an HDB registered renovation contractor, remember that the administration’s motto, “Integrity, Service and Excellence”, is equally applicable to the core values that have established Kepha Design and Contracts as a trustworthy, conscientious company with professional standards of the highest level.
Seeking a customer-focused and trusted renovation company? We're built on these foundations.
If you wish to request a cost estimate, or want to find out more about the services we provide, or just have a question to ask, you may contact us in any one of these 3 ways. We'll respond to you within 3 working days.